How to delete cookies?
by Ryan "Scrapper" Riccitelli fubar.com
We make a lot of updates on fubar and our site is always changing and updating. It can wreak havoc on slow computers and browsers. We get hundreds of people a month saying our site is broken, when the problem is very simple to fix. This will work for any site that you have problems with and should be something you do regularly. One of our engineers Tina, found this great link.
Please check out this link for detailed information on how to delete cookies in different browsers. This should be your first step when having problems with fubar.com. or any site. http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=2
Please post your constructive feed back here. I would like to know your thoughts on bling polishing and how we can make it better.
Please pass this on.
Please post your contructive feedback on the new chat set up.
Please keep the hating down to a miniimum or I will not post your comment.
Please pass this along to a friend.
I found this article about people phishing LIKES on facebook today and had to laugh, but it is no joke. These type of schemes jack up hundreds of people a day. I think of my mom or poor grandma getting phished this way. I have seen a few attempts to do this on fubar, but we have things for the most part locked down. The scary part is these schemers are always scheming.
Golden Rules to not getting phishesd!
1. Don't be a tight ass and let your anti virus expire. Go to www.zdnet.com and download FREE antivirus and anti spyware.
2. Use a good email provider. Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc are all good and can be trusted.
3. Don't click into any email that looks suspicious. If out of the blue, a bank or paypal or any site sends you an email or redirects you to a page to enter your information, DON'T do it. Take the extra minute and log into that account and see if there is a message from whoever you are dealing with. Most likely there wont be.
4. If you do get hacked, change your password immediately. It woldn't hurt to contact the service either and let them know there was a security breach.
5. This one is VERY important. Do NOT be a dumb ass and leave your passwords stored into a browser. If you happen to use a friends browser, make sure you clear all the history, etc to avoid your personal accounts being compromised.
6. Change your passwords regularly. When you do, make sure you encrypt them better than the name of your favorite pet. Fidothedog is not going to help you fight against security threats. Try F1d0th3d0g and see if someone can hack that one.
I deal with people everyday who make the same mistakes as the people mentioned in the article below. The best advice I can give you, is do NOT be a click happy fool.. Do your homework. Inspect the link or the header of the email. If it looks suspicious, it is.
Please read the article below. I did not write it, but felt it best illustrates one of the biggest security threats against the not so savvy internet surfer.
***I originally wrote this blog in 2007 about missed referrals. It is still relevant today. This also applies to mercenaries.
We do not credit for missed referrals. If you signed someone up and did not get credit, it could be one of the following:
1. You cheated.
2. The person signing up's browser did not track your referral ID. (This could be associated to anti spyware, virus ware or security settings)
We will not investigate, credit or debate missed referrals.
Here are a few tips to making sure you do get credit. There are NO guarantees that this will work. 99.99% of the time missed referrals are due to user error or the person's computer OR something shady is going on.
1. Use the "Link to this profile" code on your homepage or in fuMafia
2. Use the INVITE link on the upper left navigation panel.
3 If you are linking banners on another site, please use this referral code.
TIP: If your brothers uncle was signing on from your laptop or house or your sister's brother's cousin from Facebook was on a business server on Long Island or Hawaii and his friend's uncle signed up from his computer.....uhm.....yea I think that's how that went..it probably will not work nor do we have the capacity to figure out why it didn't. Please play fairly and you should not have a problem.
5/22 Update: I have noticed that people who use a lot of weird firefox addons or privacy software often have problems with referrals. So...if you mom, brother, grandma, random friend signs up and you do not get credit. It could be because of their security settings or some addon or browser extension that fouled up the process. WE WILL NOT CREDIT REFERRALS.
If you are one of those people who show as the the referrer but you did not get credit. It means our system rejected the you getting credit because it did not appear to be legit.
The most important take away is....WE DO NOT CREDIT REFERRALS!
We have been making some changes and tweaks to various areas of the site.
1. We doubled your photo storage for non VIP and VIP users.
2. We increased the daily 11's from 100 to 250 for VIP's.
3. We removed the bouncer checks on ratings.
4. We made it so you can now fuPal bling credits to each other.
There will be more stuff coming down the pike soon. Thanks for your support and be sure to tell your friends.
Babyj hooked it up today.
He doubled the number of photos each level can have, and also the number vips can have (from 5000 to 10000).
He also doubled the number of 11's vip's get each day from 100 to 200.
Tell a friend!
Many of you are asking where the symbols in your name are?
We removed them? No it is not a conspiracy. It just looks better.
We were very diplomatic about it. An overwhelming majority think the symbols are as annoying as I do :)
To the haters...you will get over it. We had an unofficial official vote. It is nice to be able to read your names now.
Please vent it out it here..... .....It'g going to be ok. I promise.
Thanks for your support
NOTE: If your blog comment does not get posted, I keep getting this error message saying
ERROR: You have reached your blog comment limit. Please drive through :)
Some asstard is sending the following PM to users posing as a fubar admin or staff. Please NEVER give out your account password to anyone.
1. Yellow highlighted names are fubar family. Only a select few of us work on the site and NONE of us would send an email like that.
2, Orange highlighted names are volunteer bouncers. They are here to answer your support questions.
3. Send anyone posing as a fubar staff member or support bouncer to me or a bouncer.
Again, DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR PASSWORD INFO TO ANYONE!
We have tracked you down with making fake accounts giving others fake referral and saving the crushes for your self and buying yourself tickers, you have violated the fubar agreement and your account it's at risk of being deleted, however before we proceed with our derision we want to give you a fair chance to explain your self for your action. First off, if we do proceed and remove your account you will be posted up in our walk of shame list, the walk of shame list is made of such people as your self making fake Salutes, or crushes, or referral and so on... First we need to verify your personal information.
1. What is the original email you signed up on fubar?
2. What is your original password you signed up on fubar?
3. What is the name you originally signed up under?
4. How did you find out about us? Please reply to all our question in order to save your account for being deleted for breaking our fubar agreement!
Thank you, fubar Team