tag:fubar.com,2010:BlogAtom-59602006-10-17T21:13:28-07:00Support our TroopsA fubar user blog.nightwolf fu owned by knowbodynowshttp://firstname.lastname@example.org:fubar.com,2010:BlogAtom-5960.453252006-10-17T21:13:28-07:002006-10-17T21:13:28-07:00tagWas tagged by Jo tay
Each player of this game starts with 6 weird things or habits about themselves and states this rule clearly. Choose 6 people to be tagged,list their names, leave them a comment and tell them they are tagged and to check your blog for details. It's Fun!
1) I hate to be late for anything
2)I hate Going places where there is alot of people
3)Like to watch to shows about ghost even thou I'm not a beleiver
4)I was a virgin till I was 27
5)Jodie is the only woman I have slept with
6)i like to eat raw potatoes
I tag these people
Shelly-bellynightwolf fu owned by knowbodynowshttp://email@example.com:fubar.com,2010:BlogAtom-5960.420612006-10-15T16:05:44-07:002006-10-15T16:05:44-07:00God bless our military<a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"><img src="http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l191/nightwolf_014/militarybran1.gif" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" /></a>
<a href="http://photobucket.com/" target="_blank"><img src="http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l191/nightwolf_014/militaryprayerheading13zs.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting" /></a>nightwolf fu owned by knowbodynowshttp://firstname.lastname@example.org:fubar.com,2010:BlogAtom-5960.318702006-10-07T13:24:30-07:002006-10-07T13:24:30-07:00Robin Williams' peace planeLeave it to Robin Williams to come up with the perfect plan ... what we need now is for our UN Ambassador to stand up and repeat this message. I see a lot of people yelling for peace but I have not heard of a plan for peace.
So, here's one plan.
1. The US will apologize to the world for our "interference" in their affairs, past & present. You know, Hitler, Mussolini, Tojo, Noriega,Milosovich and the rest of those good ol' boys: We will never "interfere"again.
2. We will withdraw our troops from all over the world, starting with Germany, South Korea and the Philippines. They don't want us there. We would station troops at our borders. No one sneaking through holes in the fence.
3. All illegal aliens have 90 days to get their affairs together and
leave. We'll give them a free trip home. After 90 days the remainder will be gathered up and deported immediately, regardless of who or where they are. France would welcome them.
4. All future visitors will be thoroughly checked and limited to 90 days unless given a special permit. No one from a terrorist nation would be allowed in. If you don't like it there, change it yourself and don't hide here. Asylum would never be available to anyone. We don't need any more cab drivers or 7-11 cashiers.
5. No "students" over age 21. The older ones are the bombers. If they don't attend classes, they get a "D" (for "deport") and it's back home baby.
6. The US will make a strong effort to become self-sufficient energy wise. This will include developing non-polluting sources of energy but will require a temporary drilling of oil in the Alaskan wilderness. The caribou will have to cope for a while.
7. Offer Saudi Arabia and other oil producing countries $10 a barrel for their oil. If they don't like it, we go some place else. They can go somewhere else to sell their production. (About a week of the wells filling up the storage sites would be enough.)
8. If there is a famine or other natural catastrophe in the world, we will not "interfere." They can pray to Allah or whomever for seeds, rain, cement or whatever they need. Besides, most of what we give them is stolen or given to the Army. The people who need it most get very little, if anything.
9. Ship the UN Headquarters to an isolated island some place. We don't need the spies and fair weather friends here. Besides, the building would make a good homeless shelter or lockup for illegal aliens.
10. All Americans must go to charm and beauty school. That way no one can call us "Ugly Americans" any longer. The language we speak is ENGLISH.....learn it...or LEAVE...
Now, ain't that a winner of a plan. The Statue of Liberty is no longer saying "Give me your poor, your tired, your huddled masses." She's got a baseball bat and she's yelling, "You want a piece of me?"
nightwolf fu owned by knowbodynowshttp://email@example.com:fubar.com,2010:BlogAtom-5960.172052006-09-25T15:55:58-07:002006-09-25T15:55:58-07:00day that will not be forgotten SEPT. 8, 2002
Sept. 11 2001: A day that will not be forgotten.
By: Chad Bacon
I thought that I would add my memories and thoughts about Sept. 11, 2001, into our Family Tree. So that future members of our families might know that their was a human side to this act, that will be in American history lessons in few years to come.
I remember sitting that morning watching TV and just flipping though the channels to see what was on . As I channel surfed I saw a skyscraper on fire on the Fox News Channel. So I stopped to see what was going on thinking it was overseas. While look at it I realized it was the Twin Towers in NY. At that time they where still thinking it was an accidental plane cash, instead a terrorist act. I didn't see the second plane hit. I was out of the room taking care of Miranda. When Miranda and I returned to the living room. We saw the second tower was on fire. Then they said another plane hit the building, I thought it had to be an act of terrorism.
Jodie had left for the chiropractor and had taken Nissa to school. She didn't know what was going on. I knew there was no chance that it would happen here in Wausau, WI. I still was worried about her. When the third plane hit the pentagon, I worried even more because who knew how many more planes were high jacked and what where their targets. I knew WI has some nuclear power plants that could be a target.
The last plane Flight 93 hit in a field in PA. It also had been high jacked . No one would be found alive. The plane was vaporized when it hit. Now, we know it was headed to the capital building in DC.
There would have been more dead if it weren't for those heroic passengers of that flight. They knew what was happening to the other high jacked plane from their family members, which they had called on their cell and on flight phones. So, they tried to take the plane back. This is where the catch phrase " let's roll " came from. Todd Beamer had said it to his fellow passengers as a cue to try the take over.
I was angry that someone had done this to the USA. Also, very sadden by the destruction, and lose of life that took place. But, the day wasn't over yet.
Just after I got ahold of Jodie at work, the first tower fell. This was the south tower, and 2nd to be hit. I sat there in disbelief that this was happening. After, they with stood the bombing in 1993, but there it was they had fallen right before my eyes. While I was trying to come to terms with what was happening, the 2nd tower fell. Which was the first tower to be hit. The north tower stood about 30 Minutes longer then the south one did.
When I went to work that day everyone was in shock, including me. Everyone on first shift was asking what was going on. I asked what they knew and told them the latest news. While I was at work the confusion, like what happens on a battlefield, took over. Rumors abounded and fear took in about a shortages of gas. So people rushed to get gas. Jodie said it was nuts at the gas station that she was working at at the time. Some gas stations even ran out.
It is said "every cloud has a silver lining". I think the Silver lining that day was, that we stop being NEW YORKERS or WISCONSINITES, and became ONE NATION and ONE VOICE. We stood together and said WE WILL MORN OUR DEAD, WE WILL HELP OUR INJURED. BUT WE WILL REMEMBER . WE WILL GET JUSTICE FOR OUR FALLEN BROTHERS AND SISTERS. FOR THEY WERE AMERICANS LIKE ALL OF US.
It is now a year later, the living keep on doing the work of the living, but the day is not forgotten. Time may deaden the details, but we remember. Because justice hasn't come yet, and the wars end isn't in sight yet. So, we remember and go on about the business of living. But, over all we remember the dead. There was over 3000 dead and missing. We remember life before this. Which felt more safe. We just remember. President Bush may be given the credit for getting us Americans behind him on this war on terror, but I say it was Todd Beamer who got us ready for this with two little, but huge words " LET'S ROLL ". That is what we did. For that is our war cry, as in WWii it was" remember Pearl Harbor"nightwolf fu owned by knowbodynowshttp://firstname.lastname@example.org:fubar.com,2010:BlogAtom-5960.167302006-09-25T07:19:44-07:002006-09-25T07:19:44-07:00Military Rules for Non-Military PersonnelMilitary Rules for Non-Military Personnel
Current mood: grateful
We know that the current state of affairs in our great nation have many civilians up in arms. For those of you who can't join, you can still lend a hand. Here are a few of the areas where we would like your assistance:
1) The next time you see an adult talking (or wearing a hat) during the playing of the National Anthem---kick their ass.
2) When you witness, firsthand, someone burning the American Flag in protest---kick their ass.
3) Regardless of the rank they held while they served, pay the highest amount of respect to all veterans. If you see anyone doing otherwise, quietly pull them aside and explain how these veterans fought for the very freedom they bask in every second. Enlighten them on the many sacrifices these veterans made to make this Nation great. Then hold them down while a disabled veteran kicks their ass.
4) (GUYS) If you were never in the military, DO NOT pretend that you were. Wearing battle dress uniforms (BDUs), telling others that you used to be "Special Forces," and collecting GI Joe memorabilia, might have been okay when you were seven years old. Now, it will only make you look stupid and get your ass kicked.
5) Next time you come across an Air Force member, do not ask them, "Do You fly a jet?" Not everyone in the Air Force is a pilot. Such ignorance deserves an ass-kicking (children are exempt.)
6) If you witness someone calling the US Coast Guard 'non-military, inform them of their mistake---and kick their ass. (Call me & I will kick their ass too)
7) Roseanne Barr's singing of the National Anthem is not a blooper---it was a disgrace and disrespectful. Laugh, and sooner or later, your ass will be kicked.
8) Next time Old Glory (the US flag) prances by during a parade, get on your damn feet and pay homage to her by placing your hand over your heart. Quietly thank the military member or veteran lucky enough to be carrying her---of course, failure to do either of those could earn you a severe ass-kicking.
9) What Jane Fonda did during the Vietnam War makes her the enemy. The proper word to describe her is 'traitor.' Just mention her nomination for "Woman of the Year" and get your ass kicked.
10) Don't try to discuss politics with a military member or a veteran. We are Americans and we all bleed the same, regardless of our individual party affiliations. Our Chain of Command starts at the President, also regardless of political party, who is our Commander-In-Chief (for those who didn't know.) We have no inside track on what happens inside those big important buildings where all those representatives meet. All we know is that when those civilian representatives screw up the situation, they call upon the military to go straighten it out. If you keep asking us the same stupid questions repeatedly, you will get your ass kicked!
11) 'Your mama wears combat boots' never made sense to me---stop saying it! If she did, she would most likely be a vet and therefore, could kick your ass!
12) Bin Laden and the Taliban are not Communists, so stop saying 'Let's go kill those Commie's!' And stop asking us where he is! Crystal balls are not standard issue in the military. That reminds me---if you see anyone calling those damn psychic phone numbers, let me know, so I can go kick their ass.
13) 'Flyboy' (Air Force), 'Jarhead' (Marines), 'Grunt' (Army), 'Squid' (Navy), etc., are terms of endearment we use describing each other. Unless you are a service member or vet, you have not earned the right to use them. That could get your ass kicked.
14) Last, but not least, whether or not you become a member of the military, support our troops and their families. Every Easter, Thanksgiving, and religious holiday that you enjoy with family and friends, please remember that there are literally thousands of sailors and troops far from home wishing they could be with their families. Thank God for our military and the sacrifices they make every day. Without them, our country would get its ass kicked.
"It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
"It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
"It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
"It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag.
"Authored by: Dennis Edward O'Brien, Sergeant, USMC
Please pass this on so I won't have to kick your ass! :)
"If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a veteran''
nightwolf fu owned by knowbodynowshttp://email@example.com:fubar.com,2010:BlogAtom-5960.147582006-09-23T18:03:07-07:002006-09-23T18:03:07-07:00'Twas The Night Before ChristmasHe Lived All Alone, In A One Bedroom House,
Made Of Plaster And Stone.
I Had Come Down The Chimney, With Presents To Give,
And To See Just Who, In This Home Did Live.
I Looked All About, A Strange Sight I Did See,
No Tinsel, No Presents, Not Even A Tree.
No Stocking By Mantle, Just Boots Filled With Sand,
On The Wall Hung Pictures, Of Far Distant Lands.
With Medals And Badges, Awards Of All Kinds,
A Sober Thought, Came Through My Mind.
For This House Was Different, It Was Dark And Dreary,
I Found The Home Of A Soldier, Once I Could See Clearly.
The Soldier Lay Sleeping, Silent, Alone,
Curled Up On The Floor, In This One Bedroom Home.
The Face Was So Gentle, The Room In Such Disorder,
Not How I Pictured, A United States Soldier.
Was This The Hero, Of Whom I'd Just Read?
Curled Up On A Poncho, The Floor For A Bed?
I Realized The Families, That I Saw This Night,
Owed Their Lives To These Soldiers
Who Were Willing To Fight.
Soon Round The World, The Children Would Play,
And Grownups Would Celebrate, A Bright Christmas Day.
They All Enjoyed Freedom, Each Month Of The Year,
Because Of The Soldiers, Like The One Lying Here.
I Couldn't Help Wonder, How Many Lay Alone,
On A Cold Christmas Eve, In A Land Far From Home.
The Very Thought, Brought A Tear To My Eye,
I Dropped To My Knees, And Started To Cry.
The Soldier Awakened And I Heard A Rough Voice,
"Santa Don't Cry, This Life Is My Choice;
I Fight For Freedom, I Don't Ask For More,
My Life Is My God, My Country, My Corps."
The Soldier Rolled Over And Drifted To Sleep,
I Couldn't Control It, I Continued To Weep.
I Kept Watch For Hours, So Silent And Still
And We Both Shivered From The Cold Night's Chill.
I Didn't Want To Leave On That Cold, Dark, Night,
This Guardian Of Honor So Willing To Fight.
Then The Soldier Rolled Over, With A Voice Soft And Pure,
Whispered, "Carry On Santa, It's Christmas Day, All Is Secure."
One Look At My Watch, And I Knew He Was Right.
"Merry Christmas My Friend, And To All A Good Night."
This poem was written by a Marine (Name Unkown) stationed in Okinawa, Japan.
with the holiday season fast apoching lets hope the have a safe seasonnightwolf fu owned by knowbodynowshttp://firstname.lastname@example.org:fubar.com,2010:BlogAtom-5960.147542006-09-23T17:57:41-07:002006-09-23T17:57:41-07:00Military Life vs Civilian LifeYour alarm goes off, you hit the snooze and sleep for another 10 minutes.
He stays up for days on end.
You take a warm shower to help you wake up.
He goes days or weeks without running water.
You complain of a "headache", and call in sick.
He gets shot at, as others are hit, and keeps moving forward.
You put on your anti war/don't support the troops shirt, and go meet up with your friends.
He still fights for your right to wear that shirt.
You make sure you're cell phone is in your pocket.
He clutches the cross hanging on his chain next to his dog tags.
You talk trash on your "buddies" that aren't with you.
He knows he may not see some of his buddies again.
You don't feel like helping out your dad today, so you don't.
He does what he is told.
You walk down the beach, staring at all the pretty girls.
He walks the streets, searching for insurgents and terrorists.
You complain about how hot it is.
He wears his heavy gear, not daring to take off his helmet to wipe his brow.
You go out to lunch, and complain because the restaurant got your order wrong.
He does not get to eat today.
Your maid makes your bed and washes your clothes.
He wears the same things for months, but makes sure his weapons are clean.
You go to the mall and get your hair redone.
He doesn't have time to brush his teeth today.
You are angry because your class ran 5 minutes over.
He is told he will be held an extra 2 months.
He does as he is told.
You call your girlfriend and set a date for that night.
He waits for the mail to see if there is a letter from home.
You hug and kiss your girlfriend, like you do everyday.
He holds his letter close and smells his Love's perfume.
You ditch class to go to a movie.
He goes where he is told.
You roll your eyes as a baby cries.
He gets a letter with pictures of his new child, and wonders if they'll ever meet.
You criticize your government, and say that war never solves anything.
He sees the innocent tortured and killed by their own government and remembers why he is fighting.
You hear the jokes about the war, and make fun of the men like him.
He hears the gun fire and bombs.
You see only what the media wants you to see.
He sees the bodies lying around him.
You are asked to go to the store by your parents. You don't.
He does what he is told.
You stay at home and watch TV.
He takes whatever time he is given to call and write home, sleep, and eat.
You crawl into your bed, with down pillows, and try to get comfortable.
He crawls under a tank for shade and a 5 minute nap, only to be woken by gun fire.
You sit there and judge him, saying the world is a worse place because of men like him.
If only there were more men like himnightwolf fu owned by knowbodynowshttp://email@example.com